Warning!!!

This Blog is for readers who have completed all five books of the Song of Ice and Fire Series, have also read the three published 'Dunk and Egg' novellas and have seen season 1 and 2 of the HBO series.

Therefore it contains numerous spoilers!!!!. If you are still reading, or haven't read the books and do not want to lose the suspense..... please do not read my posts!!!.

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Books

A song of Ice and Fire is a fantasy series written by George R. R Martin which takes place in a fantasy world with two main continents Westeros and Essos, and involves mainly a dynastic struggle for the throne of Westeros between several powerful noble families, the ambition of a young exiled princess, the last of her dynasty, to reclaim the throne of Westeros and the threat of the supernatural beings called the others who dwell beyond a great wall of ice at the northernmost end of the seven kingdoms to life in Westeros.

Okay that's all for description, if you are here it should be because you have read all the books and therefore need no lengthy description.... *SEE WARNING AT TOP OF PAGE*


As you know, or should know, if you're going to read this blog, there are five published books in the series,

A Game of Thrones     A Clash of Kings    A Storm of Swords    A Feast for Crows   A Dance with Dragons
   



               













Two more books are expected to be published to complete the series.

The Winds of Winter
A Dream of Spring

In addition to these books GRRM has published three novellas which are set in Westeros about a hundred years before the events of the Song of Ice and Fire series.

The Hedge Knight
The Sworn Sword
The Mystery Knight

I have devoured everything GRRM has written on this series and I'm so hungry for more. This blog will either fuel my obsession or temper it, I don't know, right now I'm looking at it as more of an outlet, where I can talk about the books with other people who love them. Did I mention that I'm reading them all again? I just completed  'A Game of Thrones' for the second time and I'm already far gone on 'Clash of Kings'.

I will be publishing my ideas and theories next, and any new thoughts that occur to me as I do the books the second time around.


No comments:

Post a Comment